Buyer Beware & Terms and conditions
Karndean / Moduleo / Fitting Services
Many Retailers & Internet sites offer Karndean & Moduleo for sale, however the vast majority of these are not recommended retailers therefore Karndean & Moduleo will not support any guarantees offered.
Please ensure you check either of the manufactories website see below
karndean.com Find a Retailer
moduleo.co.uk Local Retailers
Any items purchased from a supplier not on the manufactories retailers list will invalidate any product guarantees offered. Don’t take our word for it feel free to check with the relevant manufacturers.
BEWARE OF ANY IMITATION / COPIES
CHECK CHECK & CHECK AGAIN
FDS TWO LTD T/A Flooring 4 less CONDITIONS OF SALE OF FDS TWO LTD - HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “THE COMPANY“ Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing the contract shall be on the terms and subject to the conditions hereinafter set out.
1. Estimates / quotes are valid for 4 weeks from date on estimate / quote
2. Time Unless otherwise specifically stated and agreed by the Company in writing, time shall not be the essence of any contract once made. While every effort will be made to comply with customer’s wishes, the Company cannot guarantee a specific delivery date or time. Time is not of the essence of the contract and we will not accept liability for any losses unless we fail to deliver within a reasonable time.
3. Receipt of goods Please check that the goods you receive are the ones you ordered, the correct colour and size, and that they are examined for apparent faults or damage at the time of delivery and before installation/assembly. If on inspection you have any doubts please contact us immediately. In all cases genuine complaints will be dealt with in good faith, but your rights may be adversely affected if you do not contact us as soon as possible.
4. Cancellations Cancellation will not be normally permitted unless the materials to be supplied cannot be obtained for any reason. The Company may then, at its absolute discretion cancel such part(s) of the contract so affected.
5. Colour & Design Matching (a) Where two or more pieces of flooring are used on the same installation the Company will use its best endeavours to obtain a colour and/or design match but this cannot be guaranteed. (b) On an installation involving stairs it is almost impossible to achieve a design match on all parts of the installation. (c) With some types of carpet it is virtually impossible to achieve a design match, e.g. printed or sculptured tufted carpets . All real wood flooring Will have colour, grain variation & Knotts filled or unfilled of various sizes depending on grade.
6. Pile Pressure & Shading All carpets especially those with plain grounds, are liable to shading, i.e. to show light and dark patches arising from unequal crushing of the pile surface. No action by the Company can prevent these tendencies which are inherent in all fabrics. The Company cannot accept any responsibility for complaints arising from these effects.
7. Installation Where a customer opts for Supply only, the company cannot be held responsible for any aspect of installation. it is also advised not to book your installation date until, the company has confirmed goods have arrived.
8. Payment The total amount shown on the order/receipt is due and payable to the Company in full before the supply of all or any part of the goods charged thereon.
9. Retention of title
Unless and until full payment has been received by the Company for all goods and services supplied, whether or not such goods are included on this order/receipt or any other order/receipt issued by the Company to the purchasers:-
9(a) Ownership of the goods shall be retained by the Company and good title will not pass to the purchaser.
9(b) The purchaser may not assign the goods to any third party,
9(c) Where goods have been supplied in the absence of payment or where payment is in default, the Company, its employees and authorised agents reserve the right to recover from the purchaser such goods to which the Company retains title and to recover from the purchaser in addition all or any costs arising therefrom.
9(d) In the event that any cheque, charge card payment or credit/debit card payment tendered in payment for goods and/or services supplied is subsequently dishonoured the purchaser will be deemed to be in default of payment and paragraphs 9(b), and 9(c) will apply.
10. Interest and Other Charges
10(a) Where payment is not received in full on or before the due date as defined in paragraph 7 above the Company shall be entitled to interest on the whole of the outstanding amount at a rate of 2% per calendar month or part month from the due date until such time as payment in full is received.
10(b) The Company reserves the right to vary the rate of interest from time to time,
10(c) In the event that a cheque payment, charge card payment or credit/debit card payment is dishonoured the Company reserves the right to make an administration charge of £20.00 for each item so dishonoured. Any administration charge so levied will be in addition to any amounts in default and Interest thereon.
11. Proper Law All contracts to which these Conditions apply shall be constructed in accordance with English Law,